Sunday, December 6, 2015

My Captured Moment #3 - Toronto Fan Days & Snakes and Lattes

Hey guys, here's another post from the My Captured Moment photo link-up from Running In Lavender. What a week it's been! Well, truth be told, most of this week was pretty uneventful, but this weekend is something I'd been looking forward to for a while now, and it's something I've been eagerly waiting to tell you guys about, and to share pictures from. Let's get to it!
This Saturday, me and my friends headed up to Toronto for this great event called Toronto Fan Days, hosted by the same people who organize Toronto ComicCon. This event was essentially a big dealer's room like at a typical convention, only with way more holiday-themed cosplay costumes and merchandise for sale. Above are just pictures of the city (and the inside of the Eaton Centre) that I took on our way to the big event.

In this photo, from left to right are my housemate Mark, my best friend from university Blair, and my boyfriend Kurt :) They were very nice to comply when I asked them to take a picture in front of the car when we parked in the Eaton Centre before heading over to the convention center.
There were some really great cosplayers at this event. One thing that really surprised me was the number of holiday-themed costumes I saw people wearing as they wandered around the dealer's room. There was so much cool stuff on sale too, and I pretty much finished the tiny bit of Christmas shopping that I set out to do.
Here are a few more pictures of cosplayers that me and my friends came across, including a couple more examples of holiday-themed cosplay costumes that we saw throughout the day. I think it'd be really fun to create a holiday-themed cosplay costume some time, whether it's for Christmas, Halloween, or even Valentine's Day (if I can find a convention happening around V-Day, that is :P)
Along with the photos I took with my smart phone, I also brought my Instax Mini 8 camera along with me for the trip, and I took some really cool shots of the city after me and my friends left the convention center and traveled from there to Snakes and Lattes.
The food at Snakes and Lattes, along with the half-Strawberry half-Peach Italian sodas that I get every time I go there, was amazing as always. The first game we decided to play was Nuns on the Run. It took us a while to get a firm grasp on the rules, but we eventually got the hang of it, although my novice nun got caught out of her room 3 times, so we lost XP We also played Takenoko. My housemate Mark has a talent for making his own board games and card games, and he had the inspiration to make a Harry Potter/Hogwarts version of this game, including some sort of mechanic where the staircases change direction. How amazing would that be?!

Yesterday was so much fun. Wish I had thought to take more pictures, but I was too busy having fun :)
Running in Lavender

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...