Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Meet Zoë Gulliksen / BookishBelle!

Happy Tuesday! It's time to meet another great geek, Zoë Gulliksen, aka BookishBelle! The person who nominated her wishes to remain anonymous, but assured me that Zoë is a very cool geek that is smart, funny and talented.
So, without further ado, let's hear from Zoë!
TWW(s): As of this moment, what are your Top 5 Geek Loves?
Zoë: My true geek loves will always be Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Studio Ghibli, my Nintendo 3DS, and everything having to do with movies.

TWW(s): If you had to describe yourself in 5 words, what would they be? Why those words?
Zoë: I would describe myself as quirky, meek, friendly, creative and aloof because I'm usually all over the place but very personable, quiet, and often found with my nose in a book.

TWW(s): What is the #1 thing in your life that you are the most excited about right now? Something that you're just dying to fangirl/gush about?
Zoë: Right now I can't stop talking about The Newsroom, a show on HBO written by Aaron Sorkin starring Jeff Daniels and Emily Mortimer. It's about people who run a cable network nightly news program, and the writing is just incredible. Plus, Mortimer did the English dub voice of Sophie in Howl's Moving Castle, so there's a good nerdy connection!
TWW(s): I LOVE THE NEWSROOM! It's one of my favorite shows! Are you excited for the final season? Also, I didn't know she did the voice for Sophie, that is amazing, I can totally hear it now XD We need to fangirl about The Newsroom together sometime :P
TWW(s): If you had to pick a character from The Newsroom that is the most similar to you, who would it be? (My ex thinks I'm quite similar to Sloan XD)
Zoë: I wish I could say Mackenzie is most like me, as I have such a girl crush on Emily Mortimer. But I think I'm more like Maggie because she's very earnest and always want to try hard but screws up a lot. As Mac says in the first episode, "She's me before I grew into myself and got hotter with age." So perhaps there's hope for me yet!

TWW(s): Describe a typical day in your life. Where do you go? What do you do?
Zoë: Right now I'm the office manager at a medical institute, so I spend most of my daytime hours there. After work I read or write, spend time with my family or friends. On the weekends I spend time with my boyfriend where I make him watch movies he's never seen (such as Star Wars and Lord of the Rings!) and in exchange I watch football all day Sundays.
TWW(s): If you could travel anywhere, real or fictional, where would it be and why? A foreign country, the world of your favorite novel, sky's the limit!
Zoë: Quite easily it would be to go to New Zealand. I wouldn't choose Middle Earth because of the lack of indoor plumbing, but NZ is a perfect realistic alternative because I can still visit Hobbiton. It's my greatest dream to travel there and do the 3 week  LOTR tour and see everything the country has to offer.

TWW(s): Reading any good books right now?
Zoë: Right now I'm currently reading, Howard Highes: His Life and Madness by Donald L. Bartlett & James Steele. I'm a huge movie nerd and I love reading about classic Hollywood icons, so Hughes was net up on the list of biographies to devour.
TWW(s); Tell us about how you got started with your blog.
Zoë: I started blogging heavily in middle school on Xanga.com (remember that?!) and then I just always had some sort of blog. My current one was started in 2010 after I attended a party by blogger Kitty Bradshaw. She has sponsored companies giving out prizes, doing manicures, and an alcohol company giving out free booze! I thought, she writes about her life and gets to share free stuff with her readers? I need to do this.

TWW(s): When did you first become and iggle and how did you originally hear about the IGGPPC?
Zoë: I first heard about IGGPPC when the lovely ladies first started it! I was one of the lucky first round members because I signed up as soon as Jen tweeted about it.
TWW(s): Tell us about any pen pals you've met through the IGGPPC!
Zoë: I've only met my pen pal Jen through IGGPPC but she is a most wonderful pen pal to have! We were paired up really really well. We both have a weakness for Star Wars and coffee and I'm super jealous that she lives near Seattle!
TWW(s): When did you start self-identifying as a geek?
Zoë: I assume I was just always a geek. I saw Star Wars the weekend before kindergarten and that just really made me who I am today. From then on I was only friends with people who knew about things like Jedis and Sailor Moon and Digimon.
TWW(s): Who's your favorite Star Wars character? Favorite Sailor Scout? Favorite Digimon? Couldn't resist asking XD
Zoë: My favorite Star Wars character is most assuredly Han Solo: he's charming and a scoundrel and somehow always ending up doing the right thing plus he looks like he kisses like a master ;) My favorite Sailor Scout has always been Sailor Jupiter because she was a brunette that towered over everyone, much like myself growing up. My favorite Digimon is Zephyrmon because she looks badass plus her digi-destined is named Zoe in the English dub!

TWW(s): Look at the Iggle Manifesto and tell us your favorite line from it, or the line you'd like to most apply to yourself, and why.
Zoë: The last line of the new Manifesto speaks to me the most as a writer: "I will pick up a pen and paper, and I will encourage others to do the same." I almost feel like I need to stand upon a school desk and recite the line at the top of my lungs. My favorite line from my favorite books is, "Tell them stories" from The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman. I will dedicate my life to telling stories, and I will encourage others to do the same.
Want to get to know Zoë? Check her out on:
Twitter - Instagram - Blog - zoe@bookishbelle.com
Say hello & tell her how awesome she is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...