Friday, November 7, 2014

5 Comfort Foods That Always Make Me Feel Better

Hope November is treating you guys well so far! I've been having a blast with spreading out Random Acts of Kindness to all sorts of people, and I hope you've all enjoyed taking that journey with me. Now it's time for me to kick my feet up and relax, and I've got a list of comfort foods to share with you guys that I can just sit and relax with.
#1: Chicken Noodle Soup. This isn't always the go-to food that I grab just when I'm feeling under the weather; I've had days that have just been really crummy and I've come home and my mother has a hot bowl of chicken noodle soup waiting at the dining room table for me, which always earns a smile and a hug for me because she seems to just know that I need a little extra comfort that day. Truth be told, whenever I enjoy a bowl of chicken noodle soup, I'll make a regular pot of soup from a can of Campbell's, but I won't actually spoon any of the noodles into my bowl because I don't like noodles. I don't just make the broth because to me it doesn't taste the same XP And instead of eating soup with a spoon I almost exclusively dip things like grilled cheese, buttered bread and crackers in my soup and eat it that way. I'm a weirdo, I know :P
#2: Double Stuf Oreo's. Mmm, Oreo's . . . Who can look at this image and not be craving an Oreo right now? Seriously? Every time I watch Ashly Burch from Hey Ash What'cha Playin'? eating an Oreo in a minimized YouTube window, I instantly want one (or four) of my own. Then again, that web series does make some types of food look rather unappealing.
Yeeeeeah . . .
But anyway, Oreo's! Delicious, right? You agree? Me too! Let's move on (before I find more HAWP .gif's).
#3: Birthday Cake Donuts from Tim Horton's. These are probably my favorite donuts that Tim Horton's has to offer, and this is coming from someone who has maintained a simultaneous affair with Honey Dip, Sour Cream Glazed and Old Fashioned Glazed without their knowledge for many years now. But while these were absolutely delicious, they are now nowhere to be found :( At least not in my area. With the Pumpkin Spice craze that's sweeping North America right now, some of the new choices have left in order to make room for the new donuts and muffins and those stuffed cookie things they have now.
#4: Hot Apple Cider! While normally I'm not the type that thinks that hot drinks are all that "soothing" (I'm a complete sissy and will wait for things to cool forever, then I get one minute of a warm drink before it's ice cold), I still really like hot apple cider from time to time, especially during this time of year. Second Cup makes the best hot apple cider, plus they include a cinnamon stick, but the cider from Tim Horton's is really good too.
#5: Bread Sticks (with no cheese) from Pizza Hut! So this might seem like a weird comfort food, but hear me out: Whenever I have a big essay to write, or when I'm feeling kind of down and out, or whenever I'm in the mood to completely stuff my face (which luckily doesn't happen often), I'll order these bread sticks from the Pizza Hut by my house! If I'm really hungry, stressed, or, again, have the urge to feel gut-busting full, I'll get the large instead of the regular size.

I know my comfort foods are weird, so let me know what comfort foods you enjoy in the comments below! :)

8 comments:

  1. I love bread sticks from pizza hut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many items on this list that make me think, Oh. Why didn't I put that on MY list?? Earlier this week I was in a lot of emotional turmoil and nothing, NOTHING sounded better than a bowl of chicken noodle soup. You're right, it's not just for days when you feel sick! Oreos and I have a special relationship. And can I tell you that I haven't had breadsticks from Pizza Hut in YEARS but they sound so good to me right now! Your list hit me right where it counts--in the stomach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh a cup of hot apple cider is the best!! There is a place here in SoCal that does cherry cider and it is glorious!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tend to go for Chicken ramen noodles over chicken noodle soup. I just cannot stomach the canned stuff, even as a kid. Homemade chicken noodle soup however... *drools*

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the best time for hot cider, too! :D Fresh hot cider is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always wanted to try birthday cake donuts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chicken noodle soup is one of my top comfort foods, and that first picture made me oh-so-hungry. My mom makes homemade chicken noodle soup, which of course I love and beg her to make whenever I'm around, even in the middle of summer. But, I grew up on Campbell's, so sometimes I just want that. I'm a sucker for those noodles though, and I NEVER eat the chicken. It's weird looking, and the texture isn't my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...